Sunday, January 26, 2014

Beyond Suffering

Dana Point, California

Eventually there comes a point where we simply cease resonating with pain, struggle and sadness. Sure, we walk through the events of life as they come, but we can barely hold on to the density of suffering because, well, it just doesn't fit any more. We see the pain and struggle around us, and we may feel tenderly toward it. We may even have some of it ourselves for a moment, but we don't stay there for long. Because when we realize the infinite spectrum of possibility while also acknowledging the truth of who we are, we're left with a simple question: Do I want to be/experience/know this misery over here, or do I want to choose this wondrously joyful, expansive and light-hearted being that I am? I know, I know, misery tugs. It works the mind and says, "But this is real! This is what you know. Come on back. Lots of people you know are hanging out over here!" My answer? Naw, I think I'll stick with love, joy, and playfulness. But thanks. :) And the amazing thing is, as we make the truth of who we are our permanent address, the space where we hang out and live, the world around us also begins to move into this lightness and love. Imagine shifting the pain and struggle in the world by simply recognizing and aligning with the truth of who we are, moment by moment by moment. YES!

This sweet little pink agate rock called out to me last summer. Hello! Here I am! I wanted to have it, enjoy it longer, but when I went to pick it up, I was surprised to find the entire surface you see in the photo was one solid thing! So there was no having the heart. Today, when I look at it, I think, "Of course there's no having it. Only being it, because that's what we are. And when we are it completely, there is no not having it, ever." I'm in.


No comments:

Post a Comment