Saturday, November 16, 2013

Heart Walk




These hearts all found me on a couple of heart walks I took on campus this week. Heart walks are one of my favorite things to do, but really they feel more like one of my favorite ways to be - open and in constant discovery, where the entire world seems brand new in every moment. This week someone challenged me to live every moment as if I were an angel or alien who had just plopped into this physical body and everything, every single experience or sensation was brand new, for the first time. Let's just say it's been a very fun and interesting week! Two things I noticed: incredible presence in the moment, and a feeling of being saturated in play. Want to try it? :)

The pictures are: 1. decaying foliage, 2.back of duck in the Mill stream, 3. pussy willows at the end of a long stalk next to the Rogers building, 4. lattice and wire fencing reflected in the Mill stream along the Matthews parking lot, and 5. bark of an unknown variety of tree on the 12th street edge of the memorial garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment