Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hungry? Ask Your Body


Green Jasmine tea bag




Chickpea and sweet potato falafels
tomato
There is so much information around lately about how to eat, what to eat, what not to eat, etc. There are foods I usually avoid, and others I keep to a minimum. But everything is always changing, and what our bodies need is changing as well. While external input can be helpful information, the wisdom in your own cells is always the highest authority. You're the greatest expert on you!

The simplest thing for me is to ask my body what it wants. Sometimes I just say, "Body, what would you like right now?" or "How could I best support you?" Last night I was physically agitated at bedtime so I asked my body what it would like and it gave me the answer "structured water with energy greens." It hit the spot, and 15 minutes later I was sleeping.  Often the answers I get when I ask are not what I expect. Many times what "sounds good" to me isn't actually what my body is asking for, so it's worth checking in and listening beyond cravings or mind patterns.

The middle picture comes from a recipe from Trinity Bourne's Conscious Kitchen website. She offers vegan recipes with tons of great ideas, and I really enjoy exploring both her food suggestions and the consciousness and energy behind them. www.trinityskitchen.com


No comments:

Post a Comment