Sunday, March 29, 2015

for Karen, Bob, Joe, and Ricky

It was quite a week for hearts - hearts everywhere, and in so many unexpected places! This one took the cake, though. I almost couldn't believe it. Two different broken pieces of seashell, wedged into a rock on the shore. And as if that wasn't miraculous enough, just above it is a smaller set, mirroring the larger one!

These are for my friends Karen and Bob, and Joe and Ricky. Each couple lost a son unexpectedly some years back. I love them all so much, and I am in awe of the immensity of their hearts. In fact, I found these the day I saw one of Karen's posts - it was the 11th anniversary of RJ's death at age 16. I love you all dearly, and I love your boys, and my heart sings to yours today, with the sorrow and joy Karen so beautifully wrote about. Love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment