Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Water View


Window in Goudy dining hall, Willamette University


Part of the fun of heart photography is just snapping the shot and then later discovering what is there. I thought the water streaming down this 25 foot window was so pretty (though I wasn't too cheerful about walking across campus through that same water). I expected I might find a heart in the darker portions, or maybe in the larger, light areas, so the tiny, bright one on the upper left sure was fun to see. Then there was the added surprise of the face in the top center. I have often discovered faces in water patterns, and I like to imagine they are water sprites or fluid beings whose presence slides in and out of visibility with the flow. "Come with me__ and you'll be__ in a world of pure imagination, what you see_ will defy expectation..."


No comments:

Post a Comment