Sunday, September 29, 2013

Art (Life is Love)

Exterior wall of bank, blue paint with dirt, Nairobi, Kenya



“Memento Vivere (remember to live).
Van Gogh loves the sky, and has to paint it. 
We love beauty, then we create it, in music, in painting, in ourselves. 
Artists are lovers, and critics are haters.
Artists see the bright, imagined thing to do, the vision to love.
What do I believe? That love is the creative thing. That life is love. That is my belief. 
That I must love people, that I must love myself, that God is a person. 
That I must love people, that I must love myself – my reckless, arrogant, joyful self.
Memento Vivere…”

- post title and prose from the 7th movement of Libby Larsen’s song cycle Me, 
 text excerpted from the autobiography of Brenda Ueland. 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment