Friday, September 13, 2013

I Spy


Tree outside my office window, Willamette University campus

One of my favorite things about photographing hearts is the surprise factor. My inner help nudges me, saying, "There's one over here!" so I slow down and take a look, and I'm always delighted when I find it. It's like getting a little birthday present out of the blue when it isn't my birthday, over and over. Such extravagance takes our family saying of "a birthday is a season" to a whole new level!  This little beauty was hiding on the middle of the trunk with it's point upside down-ish at 10:30. Kind of sneaky...

My office is on the second floor, so this tree's upper branches and leaves are at eye level, right next to my windows. Once while a student was singing an aria called "Fair Robin, I Love" during her lesson, a sweet robin landed in the branches and sang its little heart out along with her for 15 minutes or so. I love this tree.

1 comment: