Monday, December 2, 2013

Meditation Tree






Each morning I go downstairs to my daughter Natalie's old room to what I affectionately call "cutie," or QT. Quiet Time. It's my daily centering ritual where I drop into the stillness. I usually meditate, and sometimes do yoga or Qi Gong, or energy work with myself or others not physically present. This maple tree is just outside the window. It isn't on our property, but on a deep, vacant lot behind us that stretches to the street below. It is immense - several stories tall, and I love it. Throughout this past year it repeatedly met my gaze with an offering of hearts, from spring when the leaves were just coming on to fall when they were dropping. The two main ones here were in slightly different locations (the leaves are all gone now), but both easily visible from my usual vantage point as you can see by the grainy i-phone photo in the middle (that's a salt lamp glow in the corner). I loved the repeated clarity of the message as I would sit down for the day's contemplation, as if saying, "This is what it is about, Christine. Nothing else. Remember." Or was it there because I remembered? :) Both.




No comments:

Post a Comment