Thursday, December 12, 2013

This World is Ridiculously Beautiful!




Today we woke to a winter wonderland. Millions of frosty spikes grew on branches and bushes over night, turning everything we could see into a world full of frozen muppet fur. It was surreal, the shimmering, spiky white everywhere. As I passed by the frozen chicken fountain just after 8 AM on my way to give a final, I saw our university photographer out capturing the moment. What a funny phrase, capturing the moment, as if it could ever be held or revisited! I told him I had my camera in my bag but had to go give a final, and that it was painful to pass by the photo playground without stopping!

But after the final, after serving my students some Choffy and laughing with them and getting through the tedious nitty-gritty of musical dictation, I had a few minutes before my next appointment. The sweet frost heart above was the first stunning bit of presence to find my lens. Sometimes I think I can't possibly find any more ridiculously beautiful and interesting hearts, but they just keep showing up. Then I think, why limit my experience with such a thought? Why not just be, and see? There is waaaaaaaaay more ridiculous beauty and magic in our universe than I've seen thus far. I'm game for opening up the lens. You?





No comments:

Post a Comment