Monday, February 24, 2014

How It Is






Hearts underfoot everyday. That's how it is. On the dog walk, on the way to and from my car at work, in the grocery store parking lot. I keep thinking I'll begin to pass them by without stopping, but it's become a way of documenting my life. Love here. Love here. Love is here and here and here. There doesn't seem to be anywhere love isn't. :)

And then today I was getting out of my car in the garage, balancing several things, including an open container of Choffy grounds. The cylinder slipped out of my hand and rolled under the car. I retrieved it, and then thought I'd better clean up any spilled Choffy so the dogs didn't eat it up on their next trip out, since chocolate is supposed to be very bad for them. I had a paper towel in the car, so I squished and swiped up what I could. This was the blob that was left after my squish and swipe move. I couldn't have made it if I tried. Love is here. And here. Here in our messes, here in our path and in our plans gone awry. Love is here.

My students just laugh at me when they see me crouched low over the pavement on campus. "Gee, I wonder what she's doing?" they tease. These three saw me doing just that yesterday, and said, "Look! It's a heart. It's a heart!" Aren't they fun?



No comments:

Post a Comment