Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's not much of a tale...








So last week I went through an energetic dump of attachments, a great big "trash out" day (think of attachments as invisible cords between you and other people that broker an energy exchange). Suddenly I saw myself standing in a void that stretched on forever, when just a moment before I had been in the middle of a well-defined structure. The structure had held me in place, propped me up. I had consisted of it somehow, was it. But all of those attachments were only illusions of support in my life (this makes me think of false support systems in singing, otherwise known as tensions), and now they were gone. I was free, standing in open, vast nothingness. It was so beautiful. The next day I got sick, and for three days everything in my body hurt. I asked my body what it needed and it answered, "Nothing."  Then came the awareness that every attachment we make hurts all over, both us and whoever (or whatever) we're attached to. And today, just to punctuate the punch line of this particular "story" of my life, I came across this Whinnie the Pooh quote: “It's not much of a tail, but I'm sort of attached to it.” Made me laugh so hard! I love life.



Photos from the Willamette U. campus - tree nest and rainwater pooled in the parking lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment