Monday, March 17, 2014

it's(kiss me now)spring!







Oh My GOD this is my favorite season (until my next favorite season comes along).  :)   I love spring. I love flowers. I love the way the cheerfulness of the student body increases exponentially on a sunny day. I love it when we finally get to see blue sky again, and when little explosions of color dot the landscape.

The title of today's post comes from an e.e. cummings poem "when faces called flowers float out of the ground..."  Those words always bring Dominick Argento's equally happy art song setting to my mind. Mmm mmmusic! You can read the full text here:  http://www.ftrain.com/poems_cummings_flowers_float.html

I spent some time on the way to and from my car with these amazing cherry blossoms. When I stood underneath their ridiculously fluffy canopy, I burst out laughing. Over and over! It was so fun and funny and LOUD! I felt like I could hear them singing, all of their little faces wooshing forth songs of creation. And just like portrait photography when it's difficult to choose the shot you like best, I found myself looking at the pictures, noticing different aspects of their character, and having a hard time deciding what to share. Each photo seemed to present a slightly different take on their personalities. So enjoy today's sampling of the cherry blossom symphony. Happy spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment