Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lovebug




I was tickled with ladybug delight when I noticed the Daphne blossom petals cast a heart reflection on this little guy's back. Probably those holes in the leaf next to him (is it silly to refer to a ladybug as him?) are from other buglets snacking. Munch munch. Maybe he feels grateful?

This past year or so I've noticed that as I love on the world, it loves me back a thousandfold. But I noticed something else. The reason I'm able to love the world more - more clearly and unconditionally - is because I'm finally learning to love myself to the core. Most of us don't naturally love ourselves. We've learned a particular version of self-criticism and loathing here on this planet. I'm thankful for those who've helped me unlearn that lie. And I'm grateful I can now begin to help others in the same way.

I loved a little rap I heard a friend play with the other day. Imagine the voice of the donkey in "Shrek" if you can: "I love me. I love me!  I love everything about me. I love hanging out with me, spending time with me, I love going on vacation with me, doing things with me. I LOVE me!" It was so funny and playful, I just laughed out loud. It's contagious, a lovebug like that. 

Try sing-songing it to yourself: I love me. :) I Love me! I love love love love LOVE Me! I love me love me love me love me Love me Love Me LOVE ME!

Isn't it funny and fun?  Doesn't it make you feel little kinder to the world, too? Funny how that goes. And goes and goes and goes. :) LOVE YOU!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment