Monday, March 3, 2014

Peeking through the centuries


Heading through a stand of old growth redwoods on the way to Opal Creek, we passed this heart at the foot of a dust-covered beauty.  If trees could talk... 

Sometimes I just tune in and listen to what the flowers and trees are saying. When I was a girl I did an experiment called "Do Plants Have Feelings?" Turns out they do (though maybe it would be more accurate to say they respond to the vibration of various emotions). I controlled all of the physical elements (soil, temperature, light, water), but yelled at one plant every day, telling it it was the worst excuse for a plant I'd ever seen, that it was ugly and useless. It was actually hard to do! Then I praised the other one, telling it how beautiful it was and how much I loved it. One plant thrived and grew strong and green while the other was pale and stunted.

As I look at this heart in the foot of this magnificent tree, I think about all of the people it has seen pass by, all of life that it has blessed with its presence. Isn't it sweet that it just keeps loving on the world?




No comments:

Post a Comment